Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Valentine's Day Recipe Round-Up GF


Did you know that a kiss on Valentine's Day is said to bring good luck for the whole year and I was fascinated to read that the flowers given on Valentine's Day all have different meanings. Red roses mean love, yellow roses mean friendship, and pink roses mean friendship or sweetheart. Red carnations mean admiration, white carnations mean pure love, red chrysanthemums mean love, and primrose means young love. 

This year I decided to share some awesome recipes designed by some wonderfully creative ladies. I know that some of you will want to make at least one of these recipes and they're much too good to be hidden from the world in the depths of the internet! And I thought I'd share my Chocolate Hazelnut Milk recipe, pictured above, because it would definitely make a lovely treat for Valentine's Day. 

These gorgeous Raw Carrot Cake Cookies from Amber of The Tasty Alternative are sugar, dairy and grain free! They're also suitable for the SCD! I just love the way they're so attractively presented and the fact that I can enjoy my favourite vegetable (carrots - what else!) in a sweet treat!


"I Love You Cookies"! What an adorable name for these very pretty and extremely eye catching gluten-free heart shaped cookies created by Ella of Pure Ella. As Ella says "here is to munching on lovely pink sugar covered hearts!"


Jen of My BIG FAT Grain Free Life has shared the most delicious SCD legal Luscious Lemon Torte recipe with an ingredient you just wouldn't expect to be featuring in such an amazing looking dessert. It certainly lives up to its name! Oh and if you're wondering why there is a slight yet cute indent in the icing, you will have to read the post!


This superb raw vegan recipe for Cherry Almond Tartletts from Heather of Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes is just perfect Valentine's Day or any other special date you can think of. Beautifully photographed, this dessert just takes my breath away! I can't believe that it's so very easy to make!


Megan of Allergy Free Alaska posted her refreshing Raw Beet,Carrot and Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing recipe at the beginning of the year and it's just the most AMAZING salad ever and ideal if you're searching for a sweet yet healthy main course or side for Valentine's Day this year.


Finally, I'm sharing these stunning Vegan Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cream Truffles fantastically created by Cara of Fork and Beans. I gasped when I first set eyes on them, they look so tempting and because they're made with healthy, natural ingredients I just wouldn't feel guilty eating all of them!


I hope you all have a brilliant Valentines Day! To the extremely talented ladies above, thank you so very much for allowing me to share your recipes and beautiful photographs.

If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).


12 comments:

  1. Love this Valentine's Day Recipe Round-Up, Vicky! Thank you for featuring my beet salad; it's an honor. All of the recipes are ones I would like to try (my mouth is watering)!

    Happy Valentine's Day!
    xoxo
    Megan

    PS- Shared on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Megan, I adore this salad and it's definitely a favourite of mine now :)

      Delete
  2. Vicki!

    I'm so honored that you featured my Luscious Lemon Torte! I love reading your weekly recipe round-ups and am tickled pink that you chose my torte. ALL of these recipes look wonderful and I can't wait to check them all out.

    Happy Valentine's Day too-
    XO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, your luscious lemon torte is on my to do list and looks really beautiful. I could definitely eat a piece now!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about the kiss on Valentine's, and although I knew some flowers had meanings, I didn't know those ones. How interesting! And what a fantastic roundup of beautiful Valentine's Day recipes. I can't decide which one to visit first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the flowers all have meanings, it makes giving them so much more special! Thank you for visiting the round up April and I agree with you, it is very difficult to choose!

      Delete
  4. I have tried that Luscious Lemon Torte - and it is absolutely wonderful! Be careful if you make it because you might be tempted to eat more than your share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte, mmm I'll remember that when I make it!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, Vicky! Love this round-up of recipes. Such an honor to be included with these talented bloggers. Sending lots of love and well wishes your way this Valentine's day.

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wishes Anber and thank you for allowing me to share your lovely recipe! I LOVE carrots and will be making your lovely carrot cake cookies soon!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful roundup Vicky!
    I want a bite of it all!!! ;))

    Thank you so much for including my "I Love You" sugar cookies ;)
    We are planning to make some V-Day desserts today actually so now the big decision... what to make!? ;)

    Wishing you a lovely Valentine's Day ~ don't forget to sneak in that Kiss! ;)

    xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella and you are most welcome, your cookies look beautiful! Hope you had a lovely V-Day!

      Delete