This curry is a lightly spiced dish which is delicious with Cauliflower Rice and perfect for a quick supper. If you're following the SCD then you may wish to prepare the garam masala spice here to ensure that it is free from additives.
Vegetable and Cashew Nut Curry GF SCD
250g cauliflower (I used frozen)
250g frozen peas
60g cashew nuts
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
2 tblsps extra virgin olive oil
½ litre vegetable stock or water from cooked carrots
salt and pepper
- Measure out the spices.
- Cut the carrots into batons then simmer in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the carrots (saving the water if you're not using stock).
- Thinly slice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the cumin and mustard seeds in the hot oil for a minute or two, add the onion and garlic and continue to fry for about ten minutes, stirring regularly. Add the turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala and paprika to the pan and stir well.
- Pour on about half the stock or some of the drained carrot water and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until the oil separates from the liquid and you can see it in the water.
- Add the cauliflower, cashews and carrots to the pan, season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt and pour over the rest of the stock or carrot water.
- Cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes then add the frozen peas.
- Simmer another 5 minutes until the peas are just cooked adding a little more stock or carrot water if needed.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).