Beetroot, Carrot, Apple and Walnut Salad GF SCD
salad leaves (I used rocket, spinach and watercress)
1 large red apple
3 cooked beetroot
1 medium carrot
30g walnut pieces
2 or 3 tblsps walnut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
bunch of chives
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the apple into small pieces.
- Tip into a bowl and squeeze the juice from half a lemon on to it. Chop the beetroot.
- Tip into the bowl and mix together.
- Grate the carrot and add to the bowl.
- Mix well together and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tip the walnut pieces into a frying pan and toast for a minute or two over a medium heat.
- Tip some salad leaves into a dish and pour the beetroot, apple and carrot over the top. Sprinkle with the walnut pieces. Cut the chives over the top of the salad.
- Drizzle two or three tablespoons of walnut oil all over the salad.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).