Friday 27 May 2016

SCD Ice Cream

Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt SCD

Did you know that you can create soft, velvety, easy to scoop SCD ice cream from SCD Yogurt Cream? By adding natural fruits and nuts to flavour the yogurt cream, along with a little honey, it's possible to recreate all your favourite flavours. Now it's getting warmer in the UK, I've been reminded of the ice cream recipes I created a few years ago so I've gathered them together in one post so you can find them more easily.

I bought a very inexpensive ice cream maker years ago and it's become one of my favourite gadgets in the kitchen and in the Summer months I couldn't possibly be without it. If you can afford one, you won't regret your purchase and it should last for years.

If you don't eat dairy products, coconut cream also works well to make delicious SCD legal ice cream but be aware that many coconut milks contain additives or if not, are very expensive. I now make ice cream with cashew nut cream because we largely follow a dairy free diet but I've never been able to recreate the wonderful smoothness of the SCD yogurt ice cream.

Just click on the pictures or links for the recipes.


Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt SCD

Coffee Ice Cream with Hazelnuts and White Chocolate

Coffee Ice Cream with Hazelnuts and White Chocolate Chips


Apricot and Pistachio Ice Cream

Toffee Ice Cream

Toffee Ice Cream

Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream

Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream