I love how cauliflower is so versatile! This grain free cheese sauce is made simply with cauliflower, onions, cheese, salt and pepper and it's surprisingly smooth!
Cheese Sauce GF SCD
100g cheddar cheese
2 medium onions
- Prepare the cauliflower by discarding the core and cutting into florets. Chop the onions into thin slices.
- Tip the onion and the cauliflower into a pan, pour on some water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes or until soft.
- Grate the cheese.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and onions
- Blend the cauliflower and onions with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add in the cheese and continue to blend until the cheese has melted.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).