This is a one of our favourite pasta dishes - an easy gluten free, roasted vegetable pasta bake recipe which everyone will enjoy that takes very little time to prepare. The ingredients list is really just a guideline since we tend to use any vegetables available in the fridge which are suitable for roasting. But if you include mushrooms, slice them and add to the roasting pan after about 30 minutes.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake GF
400g gluten free pasta
1 large red onion
3or4 medium carrots
3 medium courgettes
1 yellow pepper
2 tspns dried oregano
350g organic passata
1 medium white onion
2 cloves of garlic
A handful of fresh basil leaves
150g Cheddar cheese (or vegan Cheddar cheese)
Extra Virgin olive oil
A handful pumpkin seeds
Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the vegetables and tip into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Tip into a roasting pan and stir in 2 teaspoons of dried oregano. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Roast in the oven, turning the vegetables regularly, for about 50 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce. Heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Finely chop the white onion and tip into the pan then cook on a low heat until transparent.
- Crush the garlic and add to the pan with the passata and some freshly ground salt and black pepper.
- Cook the sauce on a low heat for 10 minutes then leave on one side until the vegetables are cooked.
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the packet making sure not to overcook it.
- Wash a handful of basil leaves and add to the tomato sauce.
- Tip the vegetables, pasta and tomato sauce into an oven-proof dish and mix well together.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle it over the top then scatter the pumpkin seeds all over.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese has melted.
If you would like to receive notifications of my healthy, vegan and vegetarian recipes, please subscribe by email (top right).