I set out to create some crunchy ginger biscuits yesterday and ended up with spice biscuits. I made another batch today, altering the spices a little to achieve a more ginger taste, but here is the recipe for the ones I made yesterday which were a huge hit with the family.
Spice Biscuits GF SCD
100g ground almonds
25g dessicated coconut
60ml honey (or other liquid sweetener)
40ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 rounded tsps ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
pinch of salt
- Set the oven to 150°C.
- Measure out the ground almonds and dessicated coconut into a bowl. Add the bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices and whisk well with a fork.
- Measure out the honey, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice into another bowl and mix well with a fork or whisk. Acacia or any other mild tasting honey is best.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together.
- Cover a baking tray with some baking parchment.
- Take walnuts sized pieces and roll into a 12 balls.
- Place on a tray leaving plenty of space between each one then flatten down with your fingers.
- Bake in the middle or bottom of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool on the tray.
If you want to make them more gingery, try 1 rounded tablespoon of ground ginger and maybe 1 teaspoon of cinnamon instead of the other spices.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).