Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Kale Chips GF SCD


When I visited a store in Leeds, I was blown away by the choice of kale. It's not normally easy to find and not particularly a popular vegetable.



The selection of chard, kale and cabbage varieties was stunning! I bought some red kale and decided to make my own kale chips which turned out to be rather addictive.


Kale Chips GF SCD

A bunch of kale (200-250g)
1 - 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
sea salt

Heat the oven to 140° C (fan/convection oven). Wash the kale well.


Spin in a salad spinner if you have one, otherwise dry well with a paper or tea towel.


Cut the thick stems from the leaves.


Tear the leaves into pieces and tip into a bowl.


Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some freshly ground sea salt. I used about one and a half tablespoons of oil.


Tip the leaves onto a baking tray, I didn't spread them out because I knew they would shrink as they cooked.


Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.


If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).


12 comments:

  1. i love kale chips! I used to make them just about every afternoon -- then i got lazy! haha i should get back into that nutrient-dense habit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about kale chips and I'm sure I would like them. I don't know what it is that keeps me from trying them. I think washing all the kale leaves turns me off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made kale chips, but I've always wanted to! I will certainly try this recipe this week. I'm always looking for ways to eat more greens, and this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kale chips are the best-my kids LOVE them! Thanks for reminding me to make this recipe when I return from vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for so many green options:) and to think about 2 years back we dint eat any kale:) its almost an everyday thing now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you simple take on kale chips! It's amazing what a little olive oil and sea salt will do isn't it?

    Thanks for linking up to HVF! You're swell :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to make these chips forever now! Thanks for bringing them to Sugar Free Sunday! Now I've totally got to make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy Sonia...have a lovely week!

      Delete
  8. Vicky, you make it look so very easy! I'll certainly be giving your recipe a try. My kids are constantly looking for something to snack on and I'm sure this would fit the bill :) Thanks for sharing this week in our linky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super easy and super yum! Would love to have you link up your recipe for our Gluten Free Fridays :) You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/
    Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love kale chips! Made some zucchini chips myself this week!

    ReplyDelete