This bean and pea dip is simple to prepare and tastes delicious but once made, taste it and add in a little extra lemon juice or salt to your taste.
Bean and Pea Dip GF SCD
250g frozen peas
250g cooked haricot (navy) beans or 1 400g tin organic haricot beans in water
2 cloves of garlic crushed
juice of half a lemon
- Pour the peas into a pan, add water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Then leave to cool down.
- Rinse the haricot beans well under running water, then drain well.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Crush the garlic.
- Tip the cooked peas, beans, garlic and lemon juice into a blender or food processor.
- Process the ingredients until smooth.
- Add freshly ground salt to taste.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).