We rarely ever run out of dried lentils, onions and carrots and this soup is one of our favourite soups. Full of flavour with heaps of plant protein, lentil soup is economical and very simple to prepare.
Lentil Soup GF SCD
2 leeks or 2 large onions
3 medium carrots
180g red lentils
800ml vegetable stock or filtered water
2 tsps dried parsley or 2 - 3 tblsps chopped fresh parsley
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the leeks or onions.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin oil in a large pan then gently fry the leeks for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the onions and tip into the pan. Fry gently for about five minutes until translucent.
- Slice the carrots and add to the pan.
- Wash the red lentils.
- Tip the lentils into the pan.
- Add the dried parsley but if you are using fresh parsleys don't add it yet.
- Give everything a good stir, then add the vegetable stock, salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes, adding some extra stock or water if necessary.
- Add the fresh parsley and blend well.
You May Also Like :
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).