Black Bean Salad GF SCD
2 medium carrots
400g cooked black beans
200g baby plum tomatoes
chopped mint & parsley
radishes (optional, advanced SCD)
4 garden mint leaves
1 tblsp lemon juice
4 tblsps olive oil
1 tblsp chopped parsley
1 tsp honey (for vegan use another liquid sweetener)
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Grate or ribbon the carrots with a julienne slicer.
- Slice the baby plum tomatoes in two.
- Chop the cucumber into cubes.
- Tip the carrots, tomatoes and cucumber into a bowl.
- Rinse the cooked black beans.
- Add the beans to the bowl and stir.
- Pour the olive oil into a jam jar and add the lemon juice.
- Finely chop the herbs for the dressing and the salad.
- Add the herbs to the dressing and the salad.
- Add the honey, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, give it a good stir, cover and chill until needed.
I'd seen pictures of radish mushrooms on facebook so I asked my son to make some to garnish the salad on top. They looked so cute!
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).