Sunday, 22 May 2011

Pineapple Muffins GF SCD



Fresh pineapple is often on offer at the supermarket and I thought it would be lovely to cook pineapple muffins. I attempted a first batch on Thursday but they collapsed on me! Not to be defeated I made another attempt today and this is the result!


Pineapple Muffins GF SCD


3 medium sized eggs
125ml honey
250g ground almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 teasp organic vanilla extract (alcohol, water, vanilla only)
250ml cup fresh pineapple chopped into small pieces 
dessicated coconut


Set the oven to 160°c. Place 9 muffin cases (not the extra large ones) into a muffin tray. Chop the pineapple into small pieces.




Break the eggs into the food processor, pour in the honey and vanilla extract and process until smooth.




Tip the ground almonds into the eggs mixture, add the salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda and process until everything has combined. It should be quite thick, more like a regular cake batter, so add a little more ground almonds if necessary.




Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chopped pineapple.




Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until they are 3/4 full, the mixture should be just too thick to pour, then sprinkle with dessicated coconut. I made some without the coconut since not everyone likes it in our household. This mixture makes 9 muffins.




Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the top springs back when lightly touched.




We couldn't wait for them to cool down!






Please come and say hello on Facebook and Twitter ! 


This recipe was linked to  Bake with BizzySugar Free SundayAllergy Friendly FridaySeasonal Sundays

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe, I have never made pineapple muffins. What a treat. You have to understand, I feel like I am always making muffins. How did I miss pineapple? Thanks.

    Would you link this up to Bake with Bizzy?
    http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/05/bake-with-bizzy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,
    If had some eggs, I'd be making these right now. I love pineapple and coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lauren and Wendy! I hope you get the opportunity to try them sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We froze some from a recent batch and have now discovered that both the texture and the flavour improve by freezing a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete