Ask everyone who lives in our house which vegetable we eat the most of and they'll all shout out CARROTS! Carrots are nutritional heroes,a great source of Vitamin A as well as Vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and K in addition to potassium, phosphorous and magnesium. They also taste good! But don't eat too many or you will literally turn orange!
Carrot Salad GF SCD
2 red apples
3" piece of cucumber
90 ml SCD yogurt or non dairy yogurt
50g pumpkin seeds
2 tblsp or more chopped parsley
1 tablsp honey or vegan alternative
salt & pepper
chopped chives (optional)
- Wash and peel the carrots and grate by hand or in a food processor.
- Wash and core the apple and grate by hand or in the food processor.
- Squeeze the lemon and pour onto the grated carrots and apple.
- Chop the cucumber into cubes then tip into a bowl with the carrots and apples.
- Mix well then stir in the yogurt and honey.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and pour in the pumpkin seeds. Toast for about a minute or two until they pop and start to go brown then cool.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds and raisins into the salad with the parsley and stir well.
- Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with some chopped chives.
- Chill before serving.
If you would like to receive notifications of my healthy, vegan and vegetarian recipes, please subscribe by email (top right).