This deep green wholesome and very tasty soup can be created in minutes. Since I adore peas, I make sure we buy a pack of frozen peas every week to avoid any calamity that would arise if we actually ran out. We cook them every day, they are a fantastic source of plant protein. This soup recipe is also a perfect way to use up the odd courgettes that have been sadly neglected in the fridge. We tend to over stock courgettes and since I purposefully avoid throwing anything away, this soup has become a firm favourite.
Courgette and Pea Soup GF SCD
2 medium onions
750g or 5 medium courgettes (zucchini)
500g frozen or fresh peas
500ml vegetable stock or water
salt and freshly ground black pepper
pinch or two of mace
extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the onions.
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Tip in the sliced onions and fry gently for five minutes.
- Slice the courgettes (zucchini).
- Add to the pan and fry gently for another five minutes stirring occasionally.
- Tip the peas into the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock and salt to taste, then bring to the boil and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch or two of mace then blend with a hand blender.
I served it with Onion Bhajis and SCD Onion Bhajis.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).