Bean and Vegetable Soup GF SCD
1 medium onion
1 small leek
2 cloves crushed garlic
350g swede (rutabaga - advanced SCD)
400g tin organic chopped tomatoes (nothing added)
240g cooked organic haricot (navy) beans (or 390g carton organic haricot beans)
120g frozen peas
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried marjoram
1 bay leaf
425ml vegetable stock or water
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Thinly slice the onion and leek.
- Tip the onion and leek into the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and continue to fry gently stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes.
- Dice the swede and slice the carrots.
- Tip the vegetables into the pan and pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock or water.
- Add the herbs, freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. If using stock you can use 1 teaspoon of each of the dried herbs instead of two.
- Rinse the cooked beans thoroughly under running water.
- After the soup has simmered for thirty minutes, add the frozen peas and beans and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).