Friday, 9 August 2013

Courgette and Pea Salad GF SCD


We love to eat mixed salads in the Summer months and this particular salad has become a favourite. Served warm or cold, it's very quick and easy to make as well as looking so attractive on the plate.

Courgette and Pea Salad GF SCD

2 or 3 medium courgettes (zucchini)
100 g frozen or fresh peas (a heaped cup)
½ red chilli pepper
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper (optional)

Slice the courgette slightly on the diagonal.


Warm a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and fry the courgettes for about 15 minutes, I like them well done but cook them to your own liking if you wish.


Meanwhile either steam the peas or cook in boiling water for about 5 to 7 minutes.


Finely chop the chilli pepper.


Carefully lay the courgettes into a dish, sprinkling the cooked peas over as you layer the slices.


Sprinkle with the chopped chilli pepper and freshly ground sea salt and black pepper (optional).


Serve warm or cold.



If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful gluten-free salad! The courgette and peas work together very well! I like my salads mildly spicy, I assume I will keep the seeds in the chile peppers for more heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rika! Oh I think the seeds would be too hot for me! The hotter the pepper the bigger the heat, these are fairly mild chilli peppers but go with whatever you like best!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dish, Vicky. Your pictures are so inviting. I so love zucchini... What would we do without it. :-)

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    xo,
    --amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! I so agree with you about zucchini, just as versatile as cauliflower, I think! xo

      Delete
  3. I'm so regretting not having planted chili peppers this year :( I have courgette aplenty though and am constantly on the lookout for more ways to use it. This dish looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! Thank you! Courgettes have to be one of my most favourite vegetables, so many different ways to use them! But my favourite way to eat them is roasted or fried like this, so sweet and delicious!

      Delete
  4. Lovely dish Vicky, unique combo of peas and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swathi! Thank you - I think peas and zucchini were made for one another! The combination is delicious!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicky,
    Such a simple dish, but healthy and beautiful! Zucchini and peas... such a perfect pairing!
    Hugs,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do work SO well together Megan and when you're busy sometimes a quick salad is just what you need! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Love this dish! So simple but sounds absolutely delicious! Peas and zucchini are so good right now and I bet the chili pepper gives them just the kick they need to make them extra special. I am featuring it on Healthy Vegan Friday this week :) Thanks for sharing and hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature Gabby, I'm pleased you like it! I'm all about simple at the moment - too much to do and not enough time!

      Delete
  7. It is simple and beautiful salad Vicki, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! I just bought some courgettes and fresh peas from my local market - now I know what I'm going to make for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's simple but so delicious but then I'm a great fan of fried courgettes and peas. Thank you Nicole x

      Delete