Sunday, 31 July 2011

Green Lentil Salad GF SCD


Tomatoes are now appearing on plants I wrote about in my Toffee Ice Cream Recipe post and I had a lovely surprise today, one of them has ripened!

A further surprise was that it was yellow! I thought I'd planted red cherry tomato seeds. 



I was hoping for a bumper crop but I don't think that's going to happen now, many of the flowers have not developed into tomatoes but the weather has been lovely the last couple of days and that has helped. Tilly, our cat, has also been enjoying the sun.




....and all we've eaten is salad!


Green Lentil Salad GF SCD


450g cooked green lentils or 2 cartons cooked organic green lentils
350g broccoli (or one small head)
200g frozen peas
½ medium onion
1 heaped tblsp fresh chopped parsley


Dressing


60ml extra virgin olive oil
30ml fresh lemon juice
3 crushed cloves garlic
½tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper




Make the dressing by measuring all the ingredients into a clean jar.




Give the jar a good shake and set on one side.




Chop the broccoli into small florets.




Tip into a pan or steamer and add the frozen peas.




Steam for about 10 minutes until just tender. Meanwhile chop the onion finely and tip into a bowl. 




Chop the parsley.




Rinse the lentils well and tip into the bowl.




When the broccoli and peas are ready add them to the onion and lentils and gently mix together. Pour over the dressing and sprinkle the parsley on top. Put on one side to cool. Then place in the fridge until you are ready to eat. It's not necessary to use all the dressing, I only used half today!


Please come and say hello on Facebook and Twitter ! 


This recipe was linked to My Meatless MondaysWellness WeekendHearth and Soul HopTraditional TuesdaysSlightly Indulgent TuesdayGluten-Free WednesdayReal Food WeeklyAllergy Friendly FridaySugar Free SundaySummer Salad Sundays



6 comments:

  1. I woke up this morning, looked through the Hearth and Soul pictures and came here first because I love greens and lentils. What a delicious combination for a salad! Thanks for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    Congrats on the first tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lentils. I just had lentil soup yesterday actually. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a tasty and healthy salad, thanks for sharing with the Hearth n Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the greens this summer and will be absolutely sure to try the salad!

    Great post and thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this steamed green lentil salad. i love steaming my veggies! i would slather almond butter on this salad....lol :)

    ReplyDelete