Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash Dip GF SCD


This dip is golden, sweet, smooth and very delicious! I served it with these Golden Apple raw crackers and biscuits but the following day I noticed one of my family spreading the little bit we had left on some gluten free bread and making a salad sandwich with it!

The sweet nutty taste of the squash blended so beautifully with the Organic Raw Wild Garlic, the peppery cumin seeds and the sweet fragrant paprika making it one of my favourite creations so far. However, if you can't get hold of the Organic Raw Wild Garlic, you can use ordinary cloves of garlic instead.


Roasted Butternut Squash Dip GF SCD

300 g peeled butternut squash (about a half a small sized squash)
250 g cooked haricot (navy) beans
1 tsp Organic Raw Wild Garlic or 1 -2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 rounded tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp paprika
½ lemon squeezed
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper

Set the oven to 180° C (fan/convection oven). Chop the peeled butternut squash into small cubes and tip into a baking tin. Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and drizzle with about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until soft and just starting to brown.


Tip the cooked haricot beans, roasted butternut squash, Organic Raw Wild Garlic or crushed garlic, lemon juice and paprika into a food processor and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.


Process until smooth.


Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.


If you would like to keep up with my posts, please join me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and subscribe by email (top right).

20 comments:

  1. It looks like there's some pesto on the food processor too. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, it is! And yes the organic raw garlic "pesto" dribble down the blade, but it washed off easily!

      Delete
  2. Looks so delicious with vibrant colors from the roasted butternut squash :) mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely, Vicky! What a great way to use butternut squash!
    xo,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I LOVE butternut squash in anything!

      Delete
  4. This looks really tasty! I'm pinning the recipe so I have it for future reference. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you try it and it's so easy to make!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the ingredients you have combined to create this butternut squash recipe. Raw wild garlic sounds enchanting. And the raw crackers are wonderful. Perfect appetizer for a party! I am glad I found your recipe via Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raw wild garlic is fantastic Deborah! Thank you for visiting, I'm going to explore your blog it looks so very interesting!

      Delete
  6. Delicious dip love anything with squash as they are colorful my kids will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Swathi! The colour of butternut squash is just wonderful!

      Delete
  7. Your Roasted Butternut Squash Dip looks really delicious, Vicky - and what a tasty way to get so much wholesome goodness with the beans as well. I like the idea of using it on a sandwich too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really is lovely as a sandwich filling April, especially with salad!

      Delete
  8. This recipe is awesome! It will be part of my Thanksgiving appetizers this year. I love the idea of a squash inspired dip. I can't wait to try!!! You're so creative my friend. I'm featuring tonight on AFW. Have a great week.

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feature Amber, I'm thrilled that you like it xo

      Delete
  9. So glad Amber highlighted this recipe on AFW or I might have missed it. This dip looks simply amazing, Vicky. I LOVE all the photos, too! :-) You are so creative with your recipes--love that!

    xo,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind Shirley, I'm so pleased you like the photos and the recipe - it's simple but very flavoursome xo

      Delete